Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

To Mom and Sara: I love you both so much!
Here's a little Mother's Day "bouquet" for you.

Mom, having two children of my own now, I have a new found appreciation for what you must have gone through raising all four of us! I am so grateful for your determination, sacrifice, patience, hard work, and love. You are an excellent mother and friend. Thank you for teaching me that the gospel is the most important thing on this earth. I can sense your urgency to help build the Kingdom of God here and it is a constant reminder to me that I need to be teaching my own children with the same sense of urgency and importance.

Sara, I love you like a sister...oh wait, you are my sister! And a great one at that! I'm so excited that you have a kid now, too. I just wish we lived closer to each other. Someday we will. I love listening to you talk about Ari and hearing you love him over the computer. :) He's a lucky little boy to have you as his mother. I also love talking about our kids together. I've enjoyed doing that with my friends over the last couple of years, but it's even more special with my own sister. Thanks for loving me and making me laugh, and for being a great mom and wife! You are a good example to me. Thanks for the card, too. I got it yesterday! :)

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Elizabeth for the beautiful bouquet of flowers. Where did you get those gorgeous flowers or that picture? And thank you for your expressions of love and appreciation. Yes, you were quite the gang of four to raise, never a dull moment. But, I loved it. You were such smart little children and so creative. I love you, too, and admire your mothering skills, both you and Sara. I'm a lucky mother of four wonderful children, two awesome sons-in-law, four fabulous grandsons, and an outstanding husband plus all the extended family and too many friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, I got this picture off the Internet when I did an "images" search for Mother's Day stuff. I'm glad you like it. I wish I had taken it myself. :) I'm glad you like the sentiments, too. You are an "elect" lady and should be reminded of that often. Especially by your own blessed children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes mom, you elect lady you. Does that make you feel old? haha. Na, it was a great mothers day. I'm so lucky to have both of you too- I love argueing and bouncing ideas off of both of you. So fun. :) Hope you got your card mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother's Day? When was that? :) Just kidding. All three of you are awesome. I want to be a mother so I can argue about bosom-feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, seeing as you already did argue about "bosom-feeding" does that mean you are a mother? Is there something you need to tell us, Daniel? :)

    ReplyDelete