Friday, May 4, 2007

The long-awaited note from Dad, on breastfeeding babies

Okay, Daniel, I'm taking the bait and coming out of my silence. Not that it was imposed. It wasn't; I didn't know about the controversy. I'm with you and Mom. Take the baby out or put on a Muslim robe with 20 meters of material. I'm the only one of you who has spent significant time on the stand. I would dislike having to stare at the ceiling most of every meeting while each nursing mother in her turn popped out a bottle. There ought to be one place a man can feel safe from mother nature for at least an hour or three.

4 comments:

  1. Fair enough, but I still don't understand why there are only two alternatives: the ceiling or the breastfeeding mother. Can't those people sitting on the stand look at non-breastfeeding ward members?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non-breast feeding members are few and far between statistically speeking, plus church is for the men not the women! Right?
    Just kidding:)

    ...this is going to get me in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a third alternative which many people on the stand choose to use....watching the movie on the back of their eyelids. :) There, we have a solution. You know, come to think of it, I'm not sure I have ever seen someone bosom-feeding in Church....but then again I have never been to a young married-couples ward either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel, your bosom feeding comments are quite funny. I wonder why you never use the word breast or boob? Must be the single guy thing. And Jarem, haha. You are in trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete