Monday, May 7, 2007

Independent??!!

Oh Sara, my young padawan, one day you will come to understand the true meaning of motherhood as I have come to know it. :)

What's this stuff I'm reading about you becoming an idependent Sara? Are you trying to take votes away from the Republicans and give them to the Dark Side? Don't let those tree-huggers out on the west coast persuade you to vote for Billary. Pave the rainforests! :)

Ah well, I suppose it doesn't really matter anyway. We know the end is coming, so why not help it come, right?

Anyway, on to the serious stuff.

I got up at 3:45a.m. this morning to walk up here to my desk at the palace and listen to the CES fireside live on the internet. President Faust spoke about self-esteem. He surprised everyone when he finished early (only about 20 minutes of talking). He said he wanted to give everyone plenty of time to mingle. :) Funny man. Then he told everyone that he taught the speakers something during this last General Conference. "Meetings do not have to be endless to be eternal." He definitely still has his sense of humor.

The End

5 comments:

  1. and along those lines: "Be wise in your public prayers. Keep them short, and remember to give a prayer, not a sermon."
    ~Dallen H. Oaks

    That has become one of my new favorate quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that Jarem. Dad/Kelly is loquacious when he blesses the food and there is a General Authority there. I just feel the food getting cold. Ha Ha Kelly, just checking to see if you are reading these:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...short and sweet. I like him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This goofy thing is going to say "Mom said" again, but it's not Mom. It's Dad. And Dad is responding to Mom, who responded to Jarem, who was responding to Daniel, who was responding to Sara . . . this could be endless, everlasting, and eternal! Ha Ha Marcia, I do drop into these loquacious commentaries now and then, just to see if you've written anything to the man of your life. You just don't like anything more than a 30-second prayer because of your ADD condition. I hope no one will SUBTRACT from my right to pray for a minute and a half. President Packer said a prayer could last for a minute and a half. (See, I can quote a general authority too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, who would have thought that we would learn the meaning of an eternal family through Liz's website? Good job Liz for making that possible and good job Kelly for finding the teaching oppertunity in every situation.

    ReplyDelete