Sunday, April 15, 2007

I am Mom

So, I was just writing in my personal journal when I realized that how I was describing myself in a certain situation was exactly how I would describe Mom. It was pretty crazy! Dan and I teach gospel doctrine. Well, today was our last time. But I was just thinking about how this morning everything was so wrong and bad. I was negative and depressed. I was even giving myself a headache, I think. All because I get so nervous and anxious to teach in front of people. It always seems to go well. Especially since Dan and I team teach and he's an awesome teacher! But no matter how well it goes the previous time, I still get nervous and negative, etc. Satan really knows how to work my weaknesses. I've never had this problem before! I used to love teaching and getting up in front of people. Now I just want to be left alone to worship in the background. I want to be excited to go to church, not dragging my feet. Anyway, I'm working on it. Dan says we're going to get called to teach again in our new family ward since I'm discovering that I still have a lot to learn from the calling. :) If we do, I hope I can rise to the challenge!

2 comments:

  1. I still have those same feelings when I know I have a class to teach. It's good we have callings; it forces outside ourselves and our comfortable world. Once I am teaching I'm glad I am there. Just be prepared a week ahead and with really exciting things you have to share. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! You did it, Mom! See, not so hard after all, huh? Yeah, I think it would go a lot better for us if we prepared more in advance. But I always deceive myself by saying, "oh, I have two more weeks," or "oh, I have another week." And on it goes until I really only have a couple of hours left and I'm forced to get prepared. It still goes well, but imagine what it might be like if I really took both weeks to prepare! I'm a procrastinator, that's for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete