Friday, April 30, 2010

ZION IS FLED

I think that should be our new family motto. I was preparing my temple prep lesson tonight and one of the scriptures I looked up was Moses 7:69. "And Enoch and all his people walked with God, and he dwelt in the midst of Zion; and it came to pass that Zion was not, for God received it up into his own bosom; and from thence went forth the saying, ZION IS FLED."

I suppose that's what we are trying to do every day - flee the world. How neat would it be to achieve that level of righteousness to where we no longer need to be on the earth. That should be our goal - to walk with God each day and be so good that He can dwell in the midst of us. Let me know when you reach that level, and make sure you let me know when you're about to be taken up so I can come with you.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that; don't any of you leave without a heads up to the rest of us. It is nice to flee Babylon. Isaiah warned that Israel should not replenish herself from the east, Babylon and her culture being to the east of Israel. You wouldn't believe how many mothers and daughters show cleavage at church. I'm getting used to it. Should I bring it up in my mother's day talk? How about nylons?

    ReplyDelete