Thursday, September 13, 2007

Inspiration! That's it!

Hey, Sara. Did you get that email from Daniel where he was offering his books? Well, I responded, did you?! :) j/k. I hope he picks me! J/K!!! I'm such a nerd. Anyway, we need a good conversational topic for this blog. Like breastfeeding. :) Something explosive like that was. Oh hey, here's a question, Dad. I was watching (for like 2 seconds) The 700 Club with a Reverend somebody-or-other teaching a class. He had a list of things on his chalkboard, one of which was "Word of Wisdom." Do other religions teach the Word of Wisdom? Do you think others have adopted ours? Is that legal? Dan thinks he just might have been referring to the Bible as the word of wisdom. Maybe, but wouldn't he say "words of wisdom" then?

Sara, maybe you should share with "the blog" your frustration about Young Women and Young Men being taught that it's all the Young Women's responsibility to keep Young Men's minds out of the gutter. Or maybe not, I'm pretty sure I know where Mom would stand on this subject based on where she stood on the breastfeeding subject. It is our responsibility. Am I right, Mom? I think more emphasis should be put on it being both parties' responsibility to "bridle their passions."

Well, I'm just trying to stir up the winds of ... aw, hell, I can't think of the word. I'M LOSING MY MIND AND I'M ONLY 26!!!!! Well, with that minor cuss word thrown in for good measure, we'll see who really is reading this blog. :) Maybe I'll send out an email to remind everyone that it still exists. :)

8 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!! Elizabeth Agle, you naughty thing you...hey, this is Sara, just in case it shows up as Jarem. :) Don't worry, my husband isn't hitting on you. No, I didn't get Daniel's email yet! What's it say? I want it (whatever it is ha). Ari is crying at the moment, but there's nothing I can do- his teeth are hurting him. He's got two sharp bottom teeth now- another weapon. Along with his feet. Man, he can kick, especially when he's aimed at my chest. I think I have more mastitis starting. Yes, I think the young men should be TOTALLY responsible for their own thoughts and actions, not based on what the young women are wearing. The Church needs to STOP teaching that the young women are controlling the ym's thoughts by what they wear. That is not pc, and I think God loves the young women too much to let them have low self-esteem because the ym can't control their hormones. Getting off of soap box now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're 26 already?! Holy cow. That means Jose is 24. We're all old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Jose is 23. We are three years apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! (Says Dad) It looks like we have a dialogue between Elizabeth and Sara. Man, I'm too tired to participate this week (or we could have a trialogue -- did you catch that? tri-alogue). Too many missionaries pouring in here, not to mention having to tame the administrators. I've got enough action right here for a while. Things will probably calm down next week.

    You're all getting old! (Whoa, that means I am, too, but I don't have time to think about vejez . . .) Keep up the chatter (if you're bored), and don't forget what Pres. Kimball taught: profanity is the effort of a feeble mind to express itself forcibly -- either that, or just trying to stir up a little familial tete-a-tete.

    Be well. - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's the latter. I don't have a feeble mind. Well...come to think of it...it might have been a bit feeble the other night. Or was that last night? Yeah, you may have a point there, Dad. :) j/k!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, does that mean that J. Golden Kimball had a feeble mind? I find that hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, look, now it's a sad bit of monologue. How pathetic. I think I need some fresh air for my congested self.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Na, J. Golden was bored I think. His mind was TOO brilliant, and thus...the swearing. I think it's the opposite ends of the spectrum...and the rest of us are somewhere in the middle. Hey, did J. Golden live at the same time as Spencer Kimball? Interesting. Ah crapola (see, I'm not brilliant or feeble), Ari is trying to stick his fingers in the electrical sockets again. Whew...

    ReplyDelete