Saturday, July 14, 2007

Birthday

Hey thanks for all your gifts you guys! A couple came in the mail the other day (Sara and Jarem, Mom and Dad) and Daniel has been giving us gifts ever since Dan graduated and started studying for the bar. We really appreciate all the love and support you've shown us. I didn't even remember it was my birthday until I got those cards/gifts in the mail. Too much going on. It was very nice to be remembered!

Oh, and I just thought I'd let you all know that WE GOT A HOUSE!!!!!!!!! :) We won! It took some fast-talking, lots of humor, and a bunch of begging/pleading on our part. But we somehow managed to worm our way into the the good graces of a landlord in Rancho Penasquitos and beat out all the 100's of other homeless people vying for a rental in this dog eat dog market. She's sending me pictures of the interior soon (which our friends went through for us), so I'll post them on our blog. Love you guys!

This is the Craigslist photo of the outside of the home. Cute, huh?!

4 comments:

  1. It is so strange to see a home free standing like that with no wall around it. It looks vulnerable to thieves and predators. Everything here in Guatemala is behind big fences, cement fences, and walls with barbed wire on top. Congratulations. What a relief.

    Have a nice birthday tomorrow. Who's making the cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm...no cake. :) No party either, probably. :) Just a nice, relaxing Sunday. And we get to have Dan at home all to ourselves.

    I remember how weird it was coming home from Chile and seeing homes like this also. Exposed. You'll get used to it again when you get home. :) I think it's nice and neighborly. It has a comfy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, congrats!! I wanted to post something on your other blog...but grrr...call me, and I'll tell you what my computer is doing now. haha- you don't need anymore frustrations to hear about. Okay, I'm super tired...but I'm so happy you have a home! I'm coming, for sure. It looks cute, well taken care of, nice, etc, etc. And Jarem will be totally jealous of the gas stove. He wants one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and yes, have a WONDERFUL birthday. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete