Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nephi's Common Sense

Today as I read in 1 Nephi, chapter 17, I came across the verse (9) in which Nephi asks the Lord where he can find the ore to make the tools he needs to build their ship.  Don't know why it struck me, but the fact that he didn't just ask for the tools themselves, knowing God's all-powerful nature, really impressed me.  Nephi may have had a special relationship with the Lord, but he wasn't about to ask Him for favors that he knew he could take care of himself.  That's cool.

5 comments:

  1. Hm, I like that thought! I keep asking Jarem to buy me a cheapo RV, and fix it up himself, but maybe he thinks the same way. hahaha. The Lord knows what we humans are capable of. And I'm not capable of thinking of the family in warm Greece while I'm in 60 degree weather!!! Boo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I'm with you, Sara! Boooooo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know- I checked out your weather and ours, and they were both rainy and 50-60 degree week- what's up with the coast in June?! Dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. You guys are funny! Good post, Lizzie. I'm in a state of withdrawal now that I'm not on the cruise ship anymore. I've never been so spoiled in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come here Daniel, we'll spoil you....the kids will REALLY be all over you. :)

    ReplyDelete