Monday, June 18, 2007

Sacrament Meeting Talks

So, Dan and I have been asked to give talks this next Sunday on D&C 101:76-80. That's right, we both have to speak (15 minutes each) on five verses of scripture. Not cool! We've decided to split it up based on these two talks we found on lds.org:

Liz - God's Hand in the Founding of America - L. Tom Perry
Dan - The Divinely Inspired Constitution - Dallin H. Oaks

Granted, we haven't even read these talks yet (just found them 5 minutes ago), so this may change. But, this is what we've got to go on so far. Any thoughts, feelings, stories, facts, etc. would be greatly appreciated! (that means you especially, Mom and Dad). :) j/k!

Loves to you all!

8 comments:

  1. Well, I like the talks you picked. They are both very good. I'm not sure I have any good suggestions other than to use the force Luke.....I mean.....use the Spirit Lizzie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk preparation is always a nice time for studying and receiving little flashes, or big ones, of inspiration. The Spirit will tell you what individual members need to hear. How many minutes do you each have? I'll pass this on to Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have 15 minutes each!! Ahhhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stand there for the first five minutes and tell everyone that you are going to let the Spirit sink in before you deliver your sermon on the mount (pulpit). Then you'll only have 10 minutes left. Works every time for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sure. Great idea! What do I do for the 5 minutes of awkwardness? :) That would be cool if I could really pull it off, but I think I would probably fold before anyone else started to feel uncomfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did the talks go? I forgot to give you great advice...oh wait, I'm a breastfeeding sinner...I don't have great spiritual advice. :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. They actually went great. We gave them yesterday. Maybe I'll send you guys a copy of them. Then again...maybe they'd be too boring for a sinner like you. :)

    ReplyDelete